Arcade game, with custom controller
A two week school project aimed at making us learn how to work with arduino and the 'GXP Engine'. The engine was created by the lovely teachers at Saxion University of Applied Sciences.
This is a rhythm arcade game written C# made to run on a custom arcade machine.
Duration: 2 weeks
Team Size: 1 programmer, 2 designers, 3 artists
Programming Language: C#
Game Engine: GXPEngine
Roles: Gameplay programmer, Tools programmer
This function changes the saturation of the game during the playthrough. The higher procentage that you get, the higher the saturation will get and the more NPCs appear on screen.
This is the most complex part of the game. Because we had limited time with making the game I decided to allow my designers to use tiled (Level designing software) to create the tracks for the actual game. Every square is perfectly spaced so that it will be 1/8th beat. This is the tiled map parsing code adaptation that I wrote.